Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Saturday, November 18, 2006

18 November 2006

More random thoughts (aren't you LUCKY!)


* I couldn't attend in person because of work, but today is Silver Spring's annual Thanksgiving parade. I caught much of the festivities on Newschannel 8, though. It's totally fun--marching bands, floats, civic groups, and of course...SANTA! It was very "hometown."


* Just tried putting a quarter in the vending machine here at work and it kept getting rejected. After about 3 tries I finally looked at the coin--it's a coin from the CANARY ISLANDS (which I learned is off the coast of Africa.) I think I got it from a gas station near my house after buying a bottle of water. Very strange. I wasn't entirely sure where the Canary Islands even are, so I checked it out. If you're curious, a map is HERE. Being from Syracuse I've heard of Canadian coins getting into the currency flow--but Canary Islands? Here's a pic. Seems like a nice place.

* My good friend and favorite blogger FROLIC is back. He also turned us on to another New Orleans blogger that the girl and I both enjoy reading: B. ROX. He, too, is back from a hiatus from writing. Check'em both out if you get a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home