Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Thursday, November 16, 2006

16 November 2006

Random thoughts:

* Gotta love the Democrats. They haven't even officially taken over Congress and they ALREADY look like horse's asses. 60% of the Democratic caucus ignored Nancy Pelosi this morning and voted for Steny Hoyer as Majority Leader. In an awkward press conference after the bruising vote, Pelosi said: "Let the healing begin!" Good luck with that, Nance.

* Just saw a clip on You Tube of my old host Chris Matthews telling Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) she's a "hot woman." To her face. My current hosts certainly have their moments--but they'd NEVER say something like THAT. My friends at FishbowlDC have the clip HERE.


* Drove to work today and while flipping through the radio stations I found an all-Christmas music station. Already. It's November 16th. I thought they usually didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving. I was actually excited though--I sang along to Nat King Cole's "A Christmas Song." But then I couldn't bear it when the Muppets'Version of the "12 Days of Christmas" came on. I like the Muppets--just their singing my very least favorite Christmas song in the middle of November was a little more than I could take at 8:15 in the morning.


* Speaking of Christmas music--going to see the Boston Pops' Holiday concert with some friends at Constitution Hall in a few weeks. I'm such a geek, but I am REALLY excited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Carter said...

Oh Gr8!! Enjoy the concert!!

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home