Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Saturday, July 01, 2006

1 July 2006

Some random notes & observations today:

1) We're wall-to-wall with Shuttle coverage today--Discovery is SUPPOSED to lift off in a few hours. When I mentioned to my partner that it's going to be a big story she said: "Wait, aren't we OUT of shuttles?"

2) My associate producer saying she once had an Asian Barbie that she named "Connie Chung." The doll had a bowl haircut and a kimono. Sensitive.

3) My cable news network--always on the cutting edge of graphics --has a NEW "breaking news" banner that it's in huge block letters with a repeating crawl over the top of the screen. A guy I work with said, "Jesus, why don't they just put a frickin' SIREN on her (the anchor's) head!"

4) Two of my guy friends at work --trying to settle a bet about whether Jews like chili dogs. (One of the guys is Jewish). Again, sensitive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home