Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Thursday, January 04, 2007

4 January 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

My day started at 4:00am in East Syracuse, New York (I caught a 6:20am flight back to DC) and went right to work since I have a show tomorrow and it's the first day of the new Congress. It was VERY early...but my mom made me breakfast (she's the BEST!), I had a nice chat with my cab driver..and I watched the sunrise from 26,000 miles up.

I'm not a huge fan of Nancy Pelosi's but I must say it did give me goosebumps when she said "To our daughters and granddaughters....the marble ceiling has been broken." I guess I have a soft spot for sassy Italian women.

But then Pelosi invited her grandchildren and others up to the rostrum to "touch her gavel" at which time we all snapped back into our 5th grade mentality and started laughing.

Spending a quiet birthday night at home with the girl catching up, eating home-made pizza, and watching "Ugly Betty." Sounds PERFECT to me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home