Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

28 December 2006

It's 4:42am and here I am at work. I came in when I heard the news that Gerald Ford died and I figured the DC bureau needed a hand. (I was up anyway watching the coverage and furiously "blackberry-ing" people in the office.) We are, of course, a 24 hour news operation--but the staff is, shall we say, skeletal, this week between Christmas and New Years. It was busy when I first got in--lots of phone calls, dealing with reporters, and producers in NY...but now it's pretty quiet. It's been quite interesting meeting the "night people." The 20-year-old here with me on the desk just got up and announced she's heating up her dinner. At 4:42am.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home