Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

20 December 2006

Tonight's my company Christmas party...it's at a nearby hotel, so at least we don't have to travel far. I haven't had THAT many parties this year--thank goodness. It's not that I'm Bah Humbah-ing the whole holiday thing. I'm totally in the Christmas spirit. Our house is festively decorated, I made cookies, I've been to Christmas concerts, I've written and received countless cards, I've seen holiday lights displays, I've ordered the Christmas turkey, and we're looking forward to entertaining friends and family in the coming days.

I guess I'm just embracing my inner "homebody." Especially this time of year. I used to love hitting the holiday party circuit--the more soirees the better! And even throughout the year--all the happy hours, the book signings, the birthday parties, the bar hops, etc. These days--I'm so happy to come home, put on the jammies, and cuddle up with my girl and my cat in my warm, comfy, happy home.

We'll venture out here and there--we do love our friends and do enjoy going out, of course--but we always love coming home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home