Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Saturday, December 02, 2006

2 December 2006

Random thoughts...HOLIDAY edition:


* LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Boston Pops Holiday concert the other night. It was almost 70 degrees out, but it definitely put me in the holiday spirit. You can read the Washington Post's review of it HERE. (I pretty much agreed with it word-for-word.) We got a quick pre-concert nosh at the Corcoran Gallery of Art's cafe which is a mere block away from Constitution Hall. The gallery is open until 8PM on Thursday nights, so it was an inspired choice. (And one that I cannot take credit for--good idea, McDaniel!) The food was surprisingly good, too.

* On my weekend show we're doing a segment called BAH HUMBUG where we try to "right" Christmas "wrongs." Today's segment involved a church in Lakeland, Florida who had about $3000 worth of Christmas trees stolen from their church parking lot. (Read a story about it HERE.) The proceeds were supposed to go not only to the church, but also to about half a dozen area charities (Boys & Girls clubs, Habitat for Humanity, homeless shelters, etc.) We had one of the church's volunteers on the show today to tell us the story and then we put up a fullscreen with information on how our viewers can send donations. I feel really proud and hope it helps.

* It's a holiday first for me: an artificial Christmas tree. I admit I WAS a bit dubious, but I am pleasantly surprised. I miss the smell, of course (we have a spray, but it's NOT the same) but it IS safer and cleaner. We had friends over last night for some cocoa and it was very festive with the tree all lit up, a roaring fire, and holiday music. We have yet to actually decorate the tree, but we're gettin' there. I will post a picture when we're done!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home