Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

6 February 2007



Random thoughts:

* Totally wasn't into this year's Super Bowl--but caught the halftime show. I think Prince's show was the best I've ever seen. Apparently I'm not alone. If you missed it, the good folks at You Tube have it HERE. The rain--the music--the Florida A&M Marching band--it all gave me the goosebumps. The man is a genius.

* According to the local weathercasters, today was the coldest morning we've had in 11 years. I'm ashamed to say I've become a wimp when it comes to the cold. I vividly remember growing up in Syracuse, waiting for the school bus and trying to keep warm. Back in those days, though, Mom bundled me up in a snowmobile suit (standard issue, in upstate New York) and I was toasty as can be. Today, I think my blood's gotten thinner...and my Kenneth Cole coat and trendy scarf just don't quite do the trick.


* Very strange. I'm watching CNBC here at my desk (I'm mulling ideas for a new business show) and they're doing a segment on an interactive web search designed by Microsoft called Ms. Dewey featuring a brand new character on "The L Word" named Papi (who is extremely annoying.) It is VERY cool and the actress (Janina Gavankar) is certainly easy on the eyes--but the site is not that informative. It's a fun distraction, though. (P.S. Janina's official website is HERE. She's included a telephone number where you can leave her a message with your opinion of "Papi." Yipes.)

* Road-tripped to Leesburg, Virginia yesterday to the outlet stores there. I was trying to find a new rug for our livingroom. It's an open air mall with a ton of stores. It was a Monday--about 15 degrees with a wicked wind-- so I was about one of ten people there, which was nice. I wish the girl was with me to enjoy it though. (The outlets are her nirvana.) Also made a stop at a new grocery store called Bloom. It was very cool--especially it's good (but disorganized) wine section--but every grocery store pales in comparison to Wegman's (which started in upstate New York.) There are some stores in bumf*#k Virginia--but none in Maryland yet.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home