Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Saturday, October 14, 2006

14 October 2006


I've been watching lots of television while the girl is gone--and last night I turned to one of my old stand-bys: The Food Network.

And I loved her before--but now I'm positively over the MOON about her. I'm talking about PAULA DEEN. ("HEY Y'ALL!") Her new show Paula's Party (Friday's at 10p) is an absolute blast! She's charming, sassy, and flirty (hello, double-entendres!) One reviewer even called her FRISKY:

"What might surprise fans is Deen's friskiness during the episode. I've never heard so many references to "tail" in a single episode of any show, and Deen manages to feed, stroke and even climb into bed with audience members during the show."

Yup--Paula actually climbsinto bed with a couple--right there on the set--with a huge plate of French toast with raspberry sauce. Fabulous.

She clearly loves being in the precence of a live audience-- who invariably breaks into cheers and applause whenever Paula calls for multiple sticks of butter for a recipe (which--if you watch any of her shows--is OFTEN).

Mark my words: Paula's campiness, bawdiness, and drag-queeny qualities will make her and this show a MAJOR hit among the gays.

By the way--here's the link to her Savannah restaurant, The Lady & Sons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home