Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Friday, October 06, 2006

6 October 2006

Fun day at work:

* One of our anchors got a new guitar in the mail and proceeded to serenade all of us in the newsroom.

* I missed a sexual harassment seminar here while I was in Syracuse (thank God), but heard that cussing is supposedly forbidden now. We're in the news business. Good luck with that. (My advice: stay out of all control rooms.)

* Steve Centanni (our formerly kidnapped colleague) was back in the office today. It's really nice to see him.

* White House Spokesman Tony Snow called one of our reporters while I was in his office today. I told him to tell Tony I said hello--and Tony replied: "Give her a hug from me. She's the best hugger in the business."

* Our State Department correspondent is traveling overseas with Secretary Rice and apparently got REALLY sick during a stop in Turkey. Like major gasto-intestinal issues. He just called into the bureau with a report and sounded like shit. We like to tease this guy (good-natured joshing, of course) but we all felt really bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home