Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

11 October 2006

RANDOM THOUGHTS...

* The girl is in San Francisco for the next 5 days for a medical conference. Sigh. Thank goodness I'll be busy at work, so the time will go by fast. (Not fast enough, of course.)

* A young woman that used to work here is now an on-air reporter for the ABC affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa. She's been doing a lot of political stories and has been asking my advice on who to talk to, how to frame her story, etc. She sent me the final product of her recent piece. I'm so proud! Check it out HERE.

* Happy Coming Out Day, by the way! I came out many years ago--but I'm finding it's truly a never ending process. Which is actually very empowering and affirming for me. Go Gays!

* I'm enjoying the story about Barbra Streisand telling a heckler to "Shut the f@#K up" in the middle of one of her concerts. I mean, I love Barbra. I love her voice. Her music. She's truly a legend. But people spend MANY of hundreds of dollars to hear that voice. We ALL know where she stands politically. Give it a rest, sister.

* The girl and I are really enjoying the new show "Ugly Betty." (It's one of the few shows we BOTH enjoy.) Except they TOTALLY ripped off our office caper--the infamous bunny stealing story. (See my post from 7.30.06).

From the Washington Post: "The second episode is all about a mockup for the next issue of the magazine being stolen and then recovered, although at the very end, there's a crash of thunder and an ominous "to be continued." (On a more serious note, Betty's stuffed bunny also disappears, and foul play is suspected.) Cliffhangers seem inappropriate and unnecessary on such a lighthearted show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home