Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

18 July 2006

Going to be close to 100 degrees again today. Yesterday was my day off and aside from a quick trip to the grocery store, I was inside in the air conditioning most of the day. (I was still very productive tho--laundry, bills, and the girl and I cleaned out our unfinished basement--a HUGE accomplishment).

Today it was 80 degrees when I left the house for the bus stop--(on rainy or excessively hot/cold days I take a local bus down to the metro). And I hate to say it--but it was actually *pleasant.* Anyone who knows me knows my disdain for PT with the GP. (Translation: public transportation with the general public.) But today--since it was so hot and the county wants people to use public transportion instead of cars--the ride was FREE. And our bus driver thought he was a DJ--he gave us the time, date, weather forecast, thanked us for riding the Z8 bus to Silver Spring metro station, etc. It made everyone smile. That's tough to do on a muggy hot morning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home