Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Sunday, January 08, 2006

8 January 2006


It was nearly 50 degrees today with sunny skies, so I took off for a long walk on Sligo Creek trail, part of which is right around the corner from the house. It was so nice looking at the trees and beautiful scenery, occasionally saying hello to people passing and petting some dogs. I was impressed at how well kept up the trail was. There's an organization called "Friends of Sligo Creek" that helps maintain it.

I had to laugh on the way home, though. You know those "Adopt-A-Road" signs? Well, the group VEGETARIANS OF DC bought a stretch of Piney Branch Parkway. I mean, Silver Spring is known for being quite liberal, but it still made me chuckle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home