Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Friday, June 16, 2006

16 June 2006

Ok, so I'm finished with one show --writing for another. And I just wrote (what we call in the "biz")-- a TELL. That's when the anchor reads a short script from the teleprompter. And I dare say, it's my best one yet. See, it's funny totally on its own -- but when I think about my 6'5" Texas-born man's man anchor reading it, it's all the MORE hilarious. Here it is. Enjoy:

"Sesame Street will kick off its 37th season premiere August 14th with a new character-- its first new female muppet in 13 years. The new character --Abby Caddaby--will use the catchphrase "that's so magic." The muppet is a pink "fairy-in-training" who uses rhyme and magic to express herself. A Sesame Workshop release described her as quote/unquote "a youngster who knows just enough about magic to get herself in a jam but not always enough to get out of trouble."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home