Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

7 March 2006


From the "Life Isn't Fair" files: Christopher Reeves' widow --Dana--passed away today from lung cancer (even though she wasn't a smoker.) She was only 44. And they have a 13-year-old son. It's REALLY sad. I usually don't let myself get upset at this sort of news. I've built up a sort of "immunity" to sad news stories -- you HAVE to in the news business. If you'd let every child abduction, every murder, every death of a soldier or civilian, every poor person, every disenfranchised person, you'd just sit and cry at your desk. You FEEL, of course, but you "compartmentalize." You just move on and get the job done. It's a useful tool for me. Especially when I had to produce live TV on 9/11. Something just "kicks" in. You fall apart later, but at the time, you're totally focused. Anyway, I've just been carrying around this sadness all day because of this news. I guess it's my own homage to Dana and Christopher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home