Life in the Sprung

Life. Life's absurdities. And TV news in the most powerful city in the world. Blogging 8 miles north of the White House

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

1 February 2006


Oh man. The industry pages today are filled with comments totally dissing the pool director for last night's State of the Union speech. Brutal. Check it out here: People wrote in complaining about bad angles, bad reaction shots, shots out of focus, etc. It was brutal. And I totally know the guy.

I watched from the comfort of my bedroom. (My partner banished me there.) Strangely, I didn't miss working SOTU night -- either in the control room or up at the Capitol. Been there, done that. It's funny though -- with Bush, the White House usually has an advanced text for the media hours before the speech is actually delivered. When Clinton was in office, I remember standing the Senate TV gallery waiting for the text only to find that one was not going to be available: Clinton was in the limo ride over to the Capitol making changes to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home